Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Awake I am

Awake I am, Sleep I cannot, I went to sleep at a reasonable hour, I was sleeping well, Then suddenly I am awake, Been on face book, Even counted sheep, Nothing is helping, Maybe I should get up And get on my laptop and do some work, Or maybe I should continue to lay here and.. Toss and turn, Awake I am, sleep I cannot, What is the deal? Thoughts are racing in my head, Some good thoughts and some not so good, Some make sense, and some do not, Kind of like this poem, it does not make any sense, Kind of like why I am awake, Just random thoughts put together to see what happens, To see what I get, This will make for an interesting poem, Typing this from my phone under the app “notes,” So I don’t forget to transfer to a bigger screen, Because after all this might be my masterpiece one day, Though I think not, Snoring next to me, Might be one reason why I am still awake, But certainly not the reason I awoke, Even the dog is asleep, And here I lay awake at 4:02 in the morning, I will probably fall back to sleep in a few minutes, Only to rise again in a few hours, I did some yard work in the heat, earlier in the day, Then went to lunch with the significant other, We took a walk in the park, Only to realize shortly after walking, That it was way too hot, So we went home where it was cooler, Where I almost took a nap, Because I thought I was tired, But only to lay there on the couch, And watch the tube, 4:10 am and still awake, Maybe I will end here and close my eyes, And pretend I am sleepy, Trick myself into falling asleep, Goodnight, or should I say good morning, See you in a few hours because I will Surely be awake and up. By Kristin N. Hurtig ©2015

No comments:

Post a Comment