Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Broken Soldier

Served my country for twelve years, wished I could have served longer, perhaps for life, maybe; however, it's hard when the feet don't run anymore, yea there's ways around that to stay in, but I just didn't feel like I could give my one hundred percent, I feel broken, I guess I don't want to be a broken soldier, though once a soldier, always a soldier; there's plenty of us who are broke, and still serving, but I guess, perhaps that's all I'm supposed to serve, not to say, that I do not miss it, wishing I was back in, deploying, there's been days I thought about getting back in, but now...I believe it's too late...for me, but maybe there is something else I am supposed to do, for another twelve years... I served my country and proudly, I must say, friends that I've made, had a blast serving with all my battles, I may not be there with ya'll in person, but I am right there beside you, in spirit, in heart, I am there.

No comments:

Post a Comment