Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Doors opening

You opened the doors that needed to be open,
you opened my eyes,
you opened my heart,
you know me so well,
better than anyone.

I love you,
I did not expect to fall in love with you,
I knew it would not be right,
we both knew it,
yet, we continued on,
I do not have any regrets, nor will I ever.

You taught me to love myself,
you taught me to stand up for myself,
you loved me like no other has before.

I think we both knew this was not going to last forever,
but we did not want to think of it,
we just wanted to embrace what we have.

I hate to think that I cannot have you,
I hate the thought of you not close to me.

I know this to be a cliche, but I believe it to be true,
"everything happens for a reason,"
Maybe a reason we came together as one,
to show me that I am worthy of love,
to show me how to love again.
from within.
Maybe, we came together, so I can help you,
maybe to guide you.
Whatever the reason may be, I am glad it was you and I.

You are the one who was able to open the doors,
that were closed for so long,
no other could open them, but you did.

I love you and always will,
I am in love with you,
remember I will always be holding you in our sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment