Sunday, March 18, 2012

Something Old

The sound of the typewriter keys has they hit the paper, just makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. When I retrieved my typerwriter from behind the desk, and dusted it off, opened it to see if the ink was still good. It was, and as I was typing, listening to that sound, I remembered what made me fall in love with writing. The sound of the keys of a typewriter, and the fact I love it and I am good at it.
I enjoyed it so much, pressing the keys, that I decided to write my first novel on the typewriter.
The kids in this generation now have no idea how easy they have it. They think they have it so rough. Although, both generations have their tough times, but as far as tecnology, we have it so much easier to do things with less work. However, there is nothing wrong with a little blood, sweat and tears every once in awhile to teach some discipline, a sense of responsibilty, and appreciation for the small things.

No comments:

Post a Comment