Monday, April 23, 2012

Can you honestly say, "I love you" to yourself and Mean it?

How many of us can honestly look in the mirror and say "I Love You" to the one staring back at you (you)? If I had to estimate a guess, I do not think it would be a whole lot of you. Though I think you might think you can and do love yourself, but come on. Are you content with the way you are? You wouldn't change a thing about you? You like you, and accept you for who and what you are?
If you are one of these people that is content with yourself, to the point you would not change a thing, then kudos to you!
However, for the ones like myself, you are not very content at all with who we are, do not know ourselves or like ourselves very much, then we need to get moving. I have to say I am closer to liking "Me" more than I was three years ago, but I still have a long way to go, and I am not content with me yet. I still find myself comparing myself to others, trying to change who I am, how I look or wishing it.
It's not our faults that we are this way, that we are not content, that we do not like ourselves. It is society, the world, the media that makes us wish differently of how we think we want to be like.

No comments:

Post a Comment