Thursday, October 18, 2012

Packed the Car

packed the car,
got my guitar,
got journal and laptop,
got a little money to get on the way,
hitting the highway at 70mph,
not looking back...maybe a glance in the rearview mirror,
no set place as a destination...just need to get out of town...for awhile.

It's not you,
it's not the town,
not sure what it is,
been searching for something...for a long time,
thought I found it in you...but what I'm looking for,
isn't found in a person, place or a thing...well that's not true...
can only be found inside of me...

driving down the highway,
it's getting dark,
not many on the road anymore...hope to make my mark,
somewhere soon.

It's been a struggle this life,
someday I hope to stop the struggle,
make a difference,
to someone, somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment