Friday, June 8, 2018

thirty years ago...

thirty years ago we were together
so young and naive
not really knowing what direction we were going
we had some idea, but it was still a bit unclear
we were excited and scared at the same time
some of us didn't want to say goodbye
so they didn't, instead they said "see you later"
those years
are supposed to be some of our best times in our lives
for some that rang true, although for some
not so much
getting together after thirty years
some are choose not to
some do not have a choice they cannot be there
although they are in are memories and hearts
thirty years ago
how fast it went
yet creeped by at times as well
it was a decent time for me
I cannot complain too much
so I won't, everything happens for a reason
therefore, I wouldn't change a thing
it all lead me to where I am today
and I am still moving forward
thirty years ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment