Thursday, July 4, 2019

Forward, March On

looking back,
looking at some old writings,
can't believe my eyes,
I was so young,
I was so lost, a lost soul,
looking back and looking here and now,
oh, how far I have come,
I was a mess,
I was runner,
running away, from everything and everyone,
couldn't ask for help,
wouldn't ask for help,
there were times I didn't think I was going to make it, but I did.
Something kept me going,
kept giving me the strength, the courage to keep pushing,
I stayed the course,
it was a bumpy ride, I have to say,
and I am sure the ride isn't through,
in fact I know it isn't,
I still have a lot to do,
a lot to share,
to inspire,
to live and love.
Looking back,
just looking,
not staying back there,
I've let it go,
I remember, always will,
but have let it go,
wasn't easy, still have moments,
but thats all they are, moments.
Looking back,
boy was I stubborn,
I still am,
but I've loosened the reins a bit.
Looking back,
looking forward,
moving forward.


No comments:

Post a Comment