Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Corpse

There it lay on the damp leaves, under the maple tree with all its leaves fallen to the ground,
a body lays there, under the tall maple surrounded by damp and dirty leaves, waiting to be found,
so the one who put me here like this will be known.
The police are here, yellow tape all around where I lay, even a little past,
someone is poking and touching me, turning me this way and that way,
oh how I wish I could leave and go up, but I cannot, not until the killer is caught,
to pay for what he has done to me, for leaving me here in the bare, out here on dirty wet leaves under a tree for all the world to see. Oh, how are not right in the head-
Oh this table is cold, and hard, oh no you are not using that on me,
to find out how I got to be here on your table; if you really want to know just ask me, I'll tell you.
Can't you see all the stab wounds, the slice across my neck....


more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment